Friday 29 March 2013

Starting to think about home

It is hard to believe I am almost finished the work in Singapore.  It seemed like I was waiting forever to get here and now I'm making lists of all of things that I need to see and do in Singapore before I leave:
  • Shopping on Orchard Road
  • Visit the Orchid Gardens
  • Go to the top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel
  • Visit the Singapore Zoo
  • Visit Changi Village
  • Go to the Asian Civilization Museum
  • Visit St Andew's Cathedral
  • Visit Garden by the Bay
  • Pick up souvenirs
  • Look for a Samsung Galaxy Note (still haven't decided, but am close to thinking I need (well more like I want) one.
It's Easter weekend and I didn't manage to find a get away trip.  There were some options but because it is a very busy travel weekend in Singapore, the flights were really expensive. I am trying to find something for next weekend - maybe Siem Reap/Angkor Wat in Cambodia - if I could ever get a travel agent to respond to my email enquiries.  I will have to put that on my list for this weekend to actually find a travel agent and go in.

The weather here has gotten hotter - I think I'm actually starting to notice the subtle differences between 30 degrees and 33 degrees.  Seems like that isn't much, but it definitely feels cooler at 30 degrees.  This weekend is supposed to be 33 (feels like 45 degrees with the humidity).   Just back from the store - less than a 10 minute walk there and I need a shower!  It feels like you are walking in a sauna - almost can't catch my breath.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter!
Melva

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful adventures, Melva! Hope you get to Angkor Wat - it's been on my list for years and I'd love a firsthand account. Whatever you decide, have a great time. Sharon

    ReplyDelete