Friday 22 March 2013

To finish the week....a fish spa!

It's been a long week workwise - too long of days and too short of nights for my liking.  To finish the week Danielle (a colleague from Australia) and I decided (well, actually I decided and convinced her) that we were going to try a "fish spa".  You see them all over the place here and they literally are "fish pedicures".  For $30 you get 30 minutes in the fish pond!  Although they actually left us alone and we were in there for about an hour.  Feels like little bubbles around your feed and legs and I have to say I quite enjoyed the experience - may have to go back.



Danielle is trying to decide if she is enjoying this!
The fish are called "doctor fish" and they nibble off the dead skin on your feet.    Apparently the fish come from the middle east and there are fish spas around the world.  Wikipedia says that they are banned in Canada other than Quebec - too bad!

It's Saturday here and it's going to be a relaxing weekend - Danielle and I are going shopping - we have actually found at least one store in Singapore that has sizes for North American and Australian women - now if we could only find a shoe store that had shoes bigger than size 7!  Tomorrow is brunch with a friend who used to work here.  The big hotels have lovely brunches here apparently - only $178 per person (with all of the champagne you can drink). Should be good for that price. I can say that Singaporeans love their food, so I expect wonderful things!

I'm trying to sort out a mini holiday for the Easter Weekend. I thought of Bintan, Indonesia (only 45 minutes by ferry) for a couple of days on the beach, but of course it's booked. Anyone have ideas?

Will post pictures of the brunch!
Melva

1 comment:

  1. Come to the Philippines, Melva! It's an easy flight from Singapore and I've got room for you to stay.

    ReplyDelete