Friday 22 February 2013

Lion Dance and more

Chinese New Year is just over and they are still celebrating in Singapore.  You can see lots of decorations that are still up.  Today a Lion Dance group came into the office and performed - it is the first time that I've actually seen a Lion Dance in person and I have to say I was mesmerized by the performance.  The acrobats were amazing and the movements looked so real.  I tried to take some video and pictures but with all the people I couldn't see it all.  Apologies for the quality of the video, it was my first attempt with the iPhone.
 

At the end of the day we headed to Boat Quay for dinner and to plan our adventures for the weekend. It's a lovely spot along with Singapore River with lots of restaurants and pubs.  Seems to be a place where the expats hangout!  The breeze from the river was very welcome with the heat and humidity of Singapore.  A tip if you are traveling to Singapore - bring along comfortable, loose shoes as your feet will swell in the heat.  I thought I had done this, but clearly the shoes aren't loose enough as I'm now dealing with some blisters :( 

Boat Quay Promenade
You can pick your dinner!
This is the Sands Hotel - pretty amazing!  Apparently there is a swimming pool on the top of the boat structure.
Singapore Sling - you have to try one!
Panorama of the view before dark
After dark

There is a laser show from the top of the Sands Hotel
It's now the weekend in Singapore and we'll do some more exploring today.  Stay tuned!
Melva



No comments:

Post a Comment