Monday 25 February 2013

I seem to have settled in

It was a pretty uneventful weekend here in Singapore.  As I mentioned in a previous posting I've been suffering with some blisters on my feet, so I spent the weekend trying to recover.  Thankfully they seem to be better!  What that meant though is that I didn't get out and about to tour around as I had hoped.  I did meet up with a colleague for dinner on Saturday night and we went back down to Boat Quay and Clarke Quay.  It is such a pretty place along the Singapore River and the breeze is always welcome. I've discovered the Panorama feature on my camera - I think it turned out pretty well.
View from One Raffles Place
Back to work this morning.  The apartment is about a 45 minute ride on the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) so the trick is to be on the train before 7:45am and even then you may have to stand the whole way.  We take the train on the East-West Line from Tanah Merah to Outram Park and then change to the North East Line from Outram Park to HarbourFront.  It is definitely a different from the commute I am used to at home where I commute from my bedroom across the hall to my office!

It is a busy week ahead, but Terry (my husband) arrives on Friday night.  Looking forward to exploring Singapore with him.  Stay tuned for pictures!

Melva

No comments:

Post a Comment