Thursday 14 February 2013

4 days and counting...



It's now 4 days before I leave for Singapore.  I think I'm just about ready.  Still not fully packed and a few last minute details, but shouldn't take long to finish up.  This week has been a week of spending time with my husband and puppy and friends! 

I thought I'd share some of the facts I've learned about Singapore as I've prepared for my trip.
  • Located in Southeast Asia off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula
  • Located 137 km (85 miles) north of the equator
  • Approximately 710 square kilometres in size - one of the smallest countries in the world
  • An island country made up of 63 islands
Map showing Singapore's island and the territories belonging Singapore and its neighbours
  • Population is about 5 million people - second only to Monaco as the world's most densely populated country
  • Official Languages - English, Malay, Chinese, and Tamil
  • Tropical Rainforest climate - no distinctive seasons, uniform temperatures, high humidity and rainfall
    • temperatures range from 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
Stay tuned for more pictures and information!
Melva

No comments:

Post a Comment