Sunday 14 April 2013

Last weekend in Singapore

Well my last weekend in Singapore has come and gone - it's now 5pm on Sunday night as I write this and I've spent the whole weekend in the apartment working.  Well, to be honest I did a little bit of relaxing, but didn't get out to do any of the last things on my list.  It's hard to believe that 8 weeks is just about up.  Singapore has been great - I'd like to say I'm used to the heat, but I'm not, although I can appreciate a cool breeze and a couple of degrees drop in temperature.  I'm even enjoying a bit of spice in my food - not as hot as they like it here, but a little bit.

On Friday night a colleague and I went to Newton Circus for dinner.  It's a Hawker Centre like I've talked about before, but this one seems to be a little more upscale with primarily seafood and of course a little more expensive.  Alan and I enjoyed crispy squid, butter prawns, vegetables and rice and of course, a Tiger.  Apologies for the pictures - I took the with my new Samsung Galaxy Note II and I'm still getting used to the camera.

It's Friday night - so a Tiger was in order!
The menu - it makes it easy to order by the picture.  You just have to remember to ask how spicy it is and hope that you'll be able to eat it!
Crispy Squid
Butter Prawns
I took this picture for Arthur - Chicken Wings Singapore Style!
Chicken Wings
Newton Circus
Newton Circus
3 more days of work and then I fly to Hong Kong to meet Terry on Thursday. 
Melva

No comments:

Post a Comment